There was something very special about the last stop on our way- our awesome pal Soup would be meeting us. It was such a great thing to see a familiar face and share some of the tales of our previous 5 weeks. Our joy when seeing a dear friend was hard to contain and we spent much of the first few hours laughing and chatting incessantly. The boys immediately set into making plans for our short time together. Our first night we had a blast walking all around the city. It was absolutely beautiful and unlike what I had expected. Being that Amsterdam is so much more liberal than any other place I've been to, including NOLA, I was surprised to find the city had such a wholesome feel to it. The sound of bicycle bells filled the air, beautiful blonde people and their families lunched at little bistros, colorful and fragrant flowers poured out of wooden boxes hanging from the ledges of practically every window. It was far more utopian that I ever would have thought.
On the plane from Istanbul

Cooking up a plan (AKA Goofing off)

The boys

Our Hotel

Soup and Monkey

Near a Canal

Dutch Flowers

One of my fave A'Dam pics

It was nice having a pic of us taken by someone else!

T getting into it
No comments:
Post a Comment